Here at Charles Head we aim to achieve the best price for your property in your desired timeframe whilst keeping you fully updated at all stages of the sales process.
The broad mix of property types the South Hams boasts demands a high degree of local insight from an agent. At Charles Head, we provide exactly that – an independent firm with well-established roots in the communities of Salcombe, Kingsbridge, Thurlestone, Hope Cove and the neighbouring villages. Our lengthy experience and unparalleled knowledge of the region make us perfectly placed to understand your property’s value, advise on the best method of sale and to find the ideal buyer and secure the sale.
How we can help you attract the right buyer:
- A high street presence: Based on Fore Street, Kingsbridge, our shop frontage ensures our properties are seen by high volumes of local buyers, visiting holiday makers and potential second home owners.
- Proactive digital presence: As most property searches start online we ensure maximum exposure on major portals (including Rightmove and Zoopla) together with our website and social media platforms to ensure each property is promoted in the best way possible with maximum exposure.
- Comprehensive newspaper advertising: In order to ensure your property is seen by all the right people, we continue to advertise extensively in local, regional and national publications including the Kingsbridge & Salcombe Gazette, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Times and specific publications including Devon Life.
- An eye for detail: We are aware that each property requires a bespoke approach which we work conscientiously from the outset to achieve with inspirational content, thoughtful narratives and creative photography.
- Personable Approach: As local agents who enjoy genuine engagement with the local community our personal communication is an invaluable resource allowing us to match properties to their ideal buyers.
Selling with Charles Head
Our sales team are here to guide you through every step of the sales process from extensive marketing to conducting viewings, negotiating the price to maximise the property’s value and reaching a successful completion.
When considering selling your property it is important to consider all available options to make sure the method of sale is most appropriate. Our team are able to provide experienced and unbiased advice on the best method of sale which is right for both you as seller and your property.
Sale by Private Treaty
Private Treaty is the most common method of sale due to the flexibility it provides allowing parties to control the process and timescales without the vendor being under an obligation to sell. This means people are easily able to move from one property to another. After a guide price is agreed by both vendor and agent, the property is marketed and interested parties are able to confidentially negotiate the price without commitment until the sale is progressed to exchange of contract with the involvement of solicitors.
Sale by Informal Tender
This method of sale is used when there is either a strong level of interest in the property and/or a specific timeframe is needed to complete the sale by so matters are brought to a close in a competitive situation. Buyers are invited to submit bids for the Property by a specified date and time. These bids are submitted in a sealed envelope and all tenders are reviewed by the vendor to choose the most favourable option. It must be noted that informal tenders are not legally binding upon the parties until exchange of contract (either party could withdraw at any point until the exchange milestone).
Sale by Auction
Attractive to sellers looking to achieve a sale in a relatively short time frame which is best boosted by competitive marketing to maximise interest. This method is ideal for properties where a precedent of value in the area hasn’t already been set, for example, unusual properties – water towers, deconsecrated churches, or properties in need of extensive renovation and land/ building plots. A concentrated period of marketing is carried out prior to the auction date of approximately five to seven weeks. A reserve price is agreed with the seller prior to the auction. Assuming the bidding reaches the agreed reserve price, upon the fall of the gavel the sale is exchanged and a legally binding contract is formed. Completion usually follows 28 days after the auction (exchange) date.
British Property Awards
The sales team at Charles Head are delighted to of won Gold in the British Property Award for Kingsbridge.
The British Property Awards provide agents throughout the UK with an invaluable opportunity to compare the service provided against other agents. This award has been given to us for our outstanding levels of customer service and for going that extra mile throughout an extensive judging period. This really highlights the fantastic level of service you can expect from us.